Monday, March 7, 2011

DAY ONE- First Sights of Munich

We arrived in Munich around 9:20 and met Janet outside customs at 9:45. We took the S-Bahn and U-Bahn to get Brandon to his meeting at Max-Weber-Platz. Then the rest of us walked around Odeonsplatz and Marienplatz (with our luggage!) At 12:30, we met Emma and she took us to the Studentenstadt where Brandon and I are in an empty room... It is bare bones! We rested until 5:30, then met Janet at Weißes Brauhaus--where white beer was first invented! We each had a grosses Bier (too much for me!) I was a little dizzy walking to the Cuvillies, which is where we saw our first show, Das Misverstandnis. The seats were terrible. I couldn't see the stage or understand alot of what was happing, but I actually still enjoyed it. Afterwards, we walked quite a ways to see the Universität district and then we had another beer and Apfelstrudel mit vanillasoße at the Alter Simpl.
















No comments:

Post a Comment